April 27, 2009:
Large, medium, & small-scale maps are all on the Course Maps tab.
Course Elevation Profile has been added to the Course Maps tab.
Detailed Runner’s Packet is found on the Run Info tab.
Application Form and Waiver is found on the Registration tab.
December 29, 2009:
Detailed Runner’s Packet updated for 2010.
Application and Waiver updated for 2010.
Please Note: The Aid Station mileage chart in the Runner’s Packet differs from the mileage given on the maps. The course has been shortened by 4-miles to bring it down to 100.2-miles. The course maps will be corrected and reposted in a few weeks.
January 17, 2010:
Useful Links tab added. Google Map, to help you find your way around the Flathead Valley. Informational links on the Swan Mountain Range. Ideas on where to eat and find reliable local information.
February 17, 2010:
Entrants List compiled on 02/17/2010. There are still several participants to add onto the current list. Check back.
February 28, 2010:
Entrants List compiled on 3/21/2010. Still a few more to add on. Check back.
Course Info Updates have been made to the Course Info tab and the Runners Packet.
- Start time has been moved to 7AM
- The start has been moved back into The Town of Swan Lake.
- The finish has been changed.
- Aid Station and Milage Chart have been updated.
- We will be offering a shuttle Friday AM to the start from the finish and a couple shuttles Saturday tro retrieve and stranded vehicles in Swan Lake.
Useful Links Updated the Google map to reflect the new finish. Maps will be updated shortly.
April 26, 2010:
Entrants List Updated. 51 entrants right now. We will go over a bit to accommodate for no shows.
February 12, 2011
Updates for 2011. Hang in there! Just had to figure a few things out. Here are a few changes you should note, more detail to follow:
- Entry conditions/requirements have been tightened up.
- No complaining clause.
- It is imperative that you understand that you are running in Grizzly Bear habitat and there are certain responsibilities you MUST adhere to for the safety of bears and yourself. Specifically, a bear encounter may result in a severe mauling, injury and/or your death. If there is such an encounter, negative public sentiment could be a result. And that might mean no more SC100 in the future.
- The SC100 is fully runner-supported and no corporate sponsors – your donation supports the operations of SC100 directly. This year’s suggested donation is $275/per athlete. Last year we donated $3ooo.oo to the Montana Conservation Corps’ Youth Engaged Services (YES) program in Kalispell, MT. Thank you for supporing youth in our community.
- If you are interested in participating, reply to the info located under the contact tab.
- The SC100 is a super mellow. Please just expect a great time and the best post-race dinner including organic flank steak, Caesar salad, home-made potato salad and homemade ice cream. De-lish! Thanks in advance for your positive attitude and participation.
- Check back for updated application and entry requirements by Monday, February 14, 2011.
- Participation limited to 40 people.
February 13, 2011:
Updated the INFO and Registration pages. New runners packet coming soon along with Application. If you are interested send in an email requesting an Application when they become available.
February 27, 2011:
Added the following:
- SC100 in the Media, Tab
- Bear Info, Tab
- Added a revised Runners Packet under the Run Info Tab.